Won’t you help?
Do you have an extra hour each month? Would you like to give back to your community? Do you want to make a difference?
The Sherborn Council on Aging (COA) is looking for you! The COA supports the needs of Sherborn’s seniors. Many of our town’s seniors are life-long Sherborn residents who have given so much to the community over the years. Isn’t it time that we gave them something back?
There are many opportunities within the Council on Aging. No experience required; just the desire to help. Please let us know if any of the areas below interest you. Click on an opportunity for a complete job description. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Sureline Phone Calls: We all know how to talk on the phone!! Make a phone call and let a senior know that someone is thinking of them. You can make calls from your own home. Can you give 15 minutes a month?
- Transportation: Can you spare an hour a month to drive seniors to local events? Without volunteer drivers, many seniors can’t get out to socialize with others.
- Meal Delivery: Deliver prepared meals to homebound seniors during the lunch hour. Pick up meals at the hospital and drop them off at seniors’ homes. No cooking required!
- Thursday Drop-in: Can you make a soup, salad or casserole? Try out a new recipe and provide lunch for some seniors at their weekly drop-in luncheon.
- Shared Sunday: Do you like being a hostess but hate making the food? Well, shared Sundays are for you. Room set up, mingling, and clean up are all that you need to do to host a luncheon at Woodhaven. This is perfect to do as a family event.
- Friendly Visits: Do you like to socialize? Do your children’s grandparents live far away? Why not involve your children and go and visit a Sherborn senior. They have great stories to tell, and you’re sure to make a difference, not to mention make a new friend.
- Other: Do you have a talent or something fun and interesting that you’d like to share? We’re always looking for new and exciting ideas to offer our seniors. Do you travel? Have an interesting hobby or collection? Come be part of our Drop-in luncheon as the featured speaker or share your talent at a “hands-on” learning session. Or, do you want to simply help in the office with organization, monthly newsletter editing, basic office help?
Do you want to help, but aren’t sure what to do? Give us a call and we’ll match you up with the opportunity that fits you best:
A CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) will be conducted on all Town of Sherborn volunteers.