Skip Navigation
Welcome to the town of Sherborn, Massachusetts
This table is used for column layout.

Official Webpage of the
Town of Sherborn

Town Hall
19 Washington Street
Sherborn, MA 01770
Phone & Fax Numbers
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I dial 9-1-1?
You should dial 9-1-1 to report a fire, any type of medial situation, crimes in progress, or any type of suspicious activity. We ask that you do not use it to report a lost/found dog, power outages, or request school closing info.  The Sherborn Police Department responds to ALL 9-1-1 Calls, including hang-ups and mis-dials.

Does the Town of Sherborn have a leash law?
Unfortunately, the town does not have a leash law. In the event you find a lost dog you may contact the police station so we can attempt to locate the owner by looking up the dog license number.

Who do I call to report a power outage in my neighborhood?
Contact NStar Electric at (800) 592-2000 to report all power outages.

How can I obtain a burning permit?
Burning permit's can be online at January 15th through, and including May 1st. A one-time seasonal fee of $10 in the form of a check is required.

Can a Police Officer query my license plate without observing me commit a motor vehicle infraction?
An explanation of court rulings on this issue can be found in this article. 

I was pulled over by a police officer, why did a second police car show up?
Conducting traffic stops is one of the most dangerous, yet necessary tasks a patrol officer does. Although intimidating, a second cruiser will usually stop by to ensure the safety of the officer that initiated the stop.

 Who do I call for information regarding school closings?
To find out if classes at Pine Hill or either of the regional school's have been cancelled, you can refer to the local news stations, or check the Dover-Sherborn Community website.

My child is learning how to drive. How can I obtain a Driver's Manual?
Manual's can be obtained at any registry branch, or online at the Registry of Motor Vehicles website.