What can I do to protect the wetlands in my neighborhood?

If you think you have a vernal pool on your property, please notify the Commission. All vernal pools are protected by Sherborn Wetlands Regulations, but there is a state procedure for certifying and protecting vernal pools as well. To date, only a fraction of our vernal pools have been identified and certified.

If you own acreage, consider a conservation restriction on a portion of your property, as a number of residents who want to protect our town’s natural character have done in recent years. A conservation restriction protects the parcel from future development without ceding ownership or the right to sell the property. In addition, the grantor of the restriction has the right to decide whether to permit public access for hiking or horseback riding.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Conservation Commission do?
2. What is the Wetlands Protection Act?
3. Why should my project be reviewed by the Conservation Commission?
4. How do I know if there is a wetland on my property?
5. How will the presence of a wetland affect the home I’m building or the landscaping I’m planning?
6. Does the Conservation Commission ever permit construction within 100 feet of wetland?
7. My neighbor’s house is easily within 50 feet of a wetland. Why did the town permit this?
8. What is a vernal pool and why is it special?
9. What can I do to protect the wetlands in my neighborhood?